La Poursuite du Cyclone
Sharing the feminist idea that "Personal is political", I start from my own struggles, from my intimacies, in order to try to identify collective issues and to initiate transformations, be they public, private, in the social, ethical, political, sexual field...
The challenge here is to destroy a world that is ending and unjust, that does not want to leave room. To do it with rage and anger, to protest, burn, scare and find a war dance accompanied by the memory of our ancestors.
We will celebrate the destruction of this world and at the same time of our old obsolete identities.
How do we destroy a world?
How long will that take?
How to frighten, intimidate, challenge, galvanize?
Can I re-birth and be who I want? Can you?
We will mourn and let our deads go to stay on the side of the living. We will celebrate our rebirth and that of the world with joy and pleasure, noise and appeasement.
It will be a struggle to survive and then to live, with daily determination, with commitments and firmness, with lightnings and rumblings, with tenderness and love.
It will take courage and determination to give birth to a more just, inclusive, egalitarian, tolerant, benevolent world.
It will be dark and powerfull, it will be bright and joyfull.
- Conception&Performance | Kevin Jean
- Dramaturgy | assisted by Céline Cartillier
- Scenography | assisted by Pauline Brun
- Light design | Juliette Romens
- Costume design | Kevin Jean & Valentine Solé
Music | Frannie Holder
- Production | La Fronde
- Coproduction | Théâtre d'Arles, scène conventionnée d'intérêt national - art et création - nouvelles écritures, Théâtre national de Chaillot, Chorège/Relais Culturel Régional du Pays de Falaise, L’échangeur—CDCN Hauts de France
- Thanks to | Théâtre de Vanves-scène conventionnée danse, Le Gymnase—CDCN Roubaix, L’échangeur—CDCN Hauts de France, CDCN Atelier de Paris—Carolyn Carlson
- January 28, 2018
Festival Trente Trente, Bordeaux
- March 31, 2018
Festival Ardanthé, Théâtre de Vanves
- April 15, 2018
Lycée de Hotoie, Amiens - avec L’Échangeur–CDCN
- 27-28 february 2019
Premiere at Théâtre d'Arles